Visitation Plan for the Cottages at Lutheran Home
Community Wellness Partners (CWP) and its affiliates will comply with the recommendations of the NY State Department of Health to prevent and control COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) outbreak among residents.
All staff and visitors will be required to maintain respiratory precautions throughout visitations, as outlined in the Health Advisory: Visitation in Adult Care Facilities, dated July 10, 2020, for the Lutheran Home Cottage. CWP will make available, products that maintain respiratory precautions, including face masks, tissues, alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and trash receptacles.
We attest that the Adult Care Facility is in full compliance with all applicable state regulations, Executive Orders, and state guidance related to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency as stated below:
- The ACF completed and submitted the NY Forward Safety Plan as requested to the Department of Health. A copy of the plan will be kept on file at the facility and made readily accessible for the Department upon request.
- The ACF complied with staff testing requirements, including furloughing of staff that have tested positive for COVID-19 and the facility has no staffing shortages.
- All of the consenting in-house ACF residents have undergone diagnostic COVID-19 testing, and the most recently submitted daily HERDS report indicates no new confirmed employee or resident cases in the last twenty-eight (28) days.
- The ACF has undergone an Infection Control Survey on or after May 1, 2020 by the Department and found to be in substantial compliance.
- The ACF is compliant with all reporting requirements associated with COVID-19 response, including but not limited to the HERDS and employee testing surveys, and is compliant with all applicable guidelines.
- A copy of the ACF’s formal visitation plan is posted to the public website and broadcasted via email or social media to provide visitors with clear guidelines for visiting and to announce if and when visitation is paused due to an increase in the number of residents and/or staff with a confirmed positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
CWP Adult Care Facilities Formal Visitation plan will consist of the following guidelines:
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older, or accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Team members will be designated per facility, to assist with the transition of residents, monitoring of the allotted time frame of the visitation, and the disinfecting of the visitation area after each scheduled visit. If there is a staffing shortage, scheduled visitors will be notified as soon as possible of the need to cancel a visit.
- The facility will maintain signage regarding facemask utilization and hand hygiene practices, and use applicable floor markings to cue social distancing delineations 6 feet apart.
- All visitors must be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to a visitation. Screening will include both temperature checks and questions to assess potential exposure to COVID-19. If any visitor(s) exhibits any symptoms or does not pass the screening questions, visitation will be denied.
- Documentation of the visitors screening will be maintained by the Administrator in an electronic format as well as a notation indicating the individual has cleared the screening. Such documentation will be made available upon the NYS Department of Health’s request for purposes of inspection and potential contact tracing.
- Areas where visitors and residents meet will be appropriately disinfected between visitations using an EPA-approved disinfectant.
- The facility will have an adequate amount of PPE to ensure residents and visitors wear a facemask at all times during visitation. If a visitor does not have a face mask, one will be provided by the facility.
- The facility will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer to visitors, residents, and staff and demonstrate appropriate use.
- Each resident may only have 2 visitors at one time. Visitation will be limited to Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9am-11am and 1pm-3:30pm. Visitation time slots will be scheduled in half hour increments to allow 20 minutes for the visit and 10 minutes to disinfect between visits with an EPA-approved disinfectant. Off hours and weekend visitation will continue in the form of a designated communication room via window, Facetime, or Skype visits. Visitations may be scheduled on non-designated days for extenuating circumstances only.
- Visitors wishing to visit must schedule visitation 24 hours in advance with the Administrator at (315) 982-2593. Visitation may be denied if all time slots are already filled on the requested day.
- Visitation will be limited to a designated outdoor area, weather permitting. Under certain circumstances, as determined by the facility, visitations will be held indoors in a well-ventilated area located in the Visitors/Quiet Room. Chairs will be marked to delineate where visitors and residents can sit to ensure social distancing of 6 feet apart is maintained. Visitations will need to be rescheduled due to inclement weather.
- Current COVID-19 positive residents, residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, and residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period are not eligible for visits.
- All visitors will be given a fact sheet upon initial screening outlining visitor expectations including appropriate hand hygiene and face covering requirements.
- The Administrator/Quality Assurance Manager and Case Manager(s) will routinely review the visitation program compliance with the Department’s Health Advisory.
- All visitations must maintain social distancing of 6 feet apart. Any visitor who fails to adhere to the protocol stated within this policy will be prohibited from visiting during the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
Rationale or background to visitation plan:
Community Wellness Partners is aware of the ongoing risk for novel virus strains, including COVID-19, and the threat it poses to our vulnerable population. The formal visitation plan is necessary to protect our population, and the team members who provide care and comfort to our residents and their families.